In the heart of San Diego is beautiful Balbao Park, a horticultural paradise. Within its 1,200 lush acres are 85 cultural attractions, including 15 museums, art Galleries, the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, the Tony- award winning The Globe Theatres, Starlight Bowl, sports facilities, the World- Famous San Diego Zoo, the historic Spreckels Organ Pavilion and an abundance of lush gardens and trees.
The Balbao Park Tram provides convenient access to the park, originating at the Inspiration Point Parking Lot, offering 11 intermediate stops through the central core of Balbao Park. The free tram operates seven days a week from 10 am to 3:30 pm during the fall and winter month, and 9:30 am during the spring and summer.
San Diego’s rich interest in arts and culture is showcased throughout the county in some 90 museums, historic sites and monuments devoted to art, history, physical and natural sciences and more.
Guests can also discover dynamic performing arts when they visit San Diego, including two Tony Award- winning theatres, the San Diego Opera, San Diego Symphony Orchestra, professional dance companies, chamber music ensembles and much more.
Additional attractions in Balboa Park include:
- Balboa Park Carousel
- Balboa Park Miniature Railroad
- House of Hospitality and Balboa Park Visitors Center
- House of Pacific Relations International Cottages
- Photographic Arts Building
- San Diego Zoo
- Sefton Plaza
- Spanish Village Art Center
- United Nations Building
And the following Museums:
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Marston House
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Museum of San Diego History
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Art Institute (SDAI): Museum of the Living Artist
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Hall of Champions Sports Museum
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Art
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- WorldBeat Center
Web: Home | Balboa Park
San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo is one of the most famous San Diego visitor attractions.
This 100-acre tropical garden zoo houses 4,000 animals of 800 species and is noted for ist many rare and exotic species exhibited- like the giant pandas and their young cub currently on loan from China- as well as ist lush botanical collection.
In addition to spectacular bioclimatic exhibits like the Ituri Forest, Rain Forest Aviary, Polar Bear Plunge, Hippo Beach, Gorilla Tropics, Sun Bear Forest and Tiger River, the San Diego Zoo features other popular attractions, including a three-mile guided bus tour, a children’s petting zoo and baby animal nursery.